Statutory Instrument 36 of 2022
SI-36, Public Health (Prevention of the Spread of Infectious Disease) (COVID-19) Regulations, 2022. 1 Mar 2022.
Source: GOB Press Office
Click on any small image to see a larger view of the page from the PDF.
Any text entries on any page beyond titles are our unofficial HINTS of what is in the SI.
Click on the small image to read the actual details.
Those details often extend to the next page or more.
Title Pages for SI 36
Regulations Gazetted 28th February 2022
Part I. Preliminary
This begins definitions of important terms.
These are definitions for: Act, airport, approved facility, approved hotel or tourist accomodation, BPO, COVID-19, Belize Tourism Board, Designated Officer, Enforcement Unit, essential business, essential service, essential worker.
hotel or tourist accomodation, immunized, immunization, permanent resident, proof of immunization, proprietor, PCR test, public transportation.
public utility, Qualified Retired Person, Quarantine Authority, rapid test, social distancing.
Regulations apply to the whole country of Belize.
Part II, Protocols
4. Wearing of face masks.
Begins on this page.
6. Restriction of gatherings for social purposes.
Generally, all must be immunized. Types of social gatherings allowed. Penalty up to $5,000.
Requiring immunization of those attending church services is particularly controversial in Belize. Watch for an amendment soon that will change this in some way.
7. Exemption on the restriction of gatherings for social purposes.
The Minister may grant exceptions, which will be published in the Gazette.
8. Social distancing protocols and other requirements for businesses and offices.
9. Tour operators and tour guides to present immunization card.
10. Exercising and sports.
Walking, running, cycling OK with distancing. Competitive sporting OK, only if immunized.
11. Closure of bars, rum shops, etc.
12. Casinos and other gaming establishments. Employees and patrons must be immunized.
13. Restriction on gymnasiums.
ventilated, appointment only, 75% capacity, social distancing. Face masks unless exercising. Other requirements.
14. Churches and other places of worship.
All persons must be immunized. Maximum 75% capacity. All but person conducting service must wear face masks. More.
There is a good chance the requirement for church members to be immunized may be changed soon by amendment to this S.I.
15. Restrictions on restaurants, saloons, diners, etc., and street food vendors.
Employees must be immunized. Street vendors must place markers. Dining in by reservation only, no more than 75% capacity. Social distancing. More.
16. Corozal Free Zone.
Can open for face to face instruction if they meed criteria of the Green Light Standard Safety Checklist. Otherwise they may operate only online.
18. Operating remotely.
If not an essential business, employees must be able to work remotely if possible.
Face masks required for public transportation, limited to 75% capacity. Hand sanitizer. More.
Entry and exit through the airport, land port or sea port.
20. Requirements for foreign tourist prior to arrival.
27. Exit of persons through airport, land port or sea port.
28. Offence and penalty for entering or exiting Belize contrary to this part.
32. Requirement to complete health declaration form.
Testing institutions and testing kits.
33. Approved testing institutions.
36. Offence of being in possession of fake immunication card.
37. Penalty for employers and employees.
38. General offence and penalty.
39. Issue of violation ticket.
40. Form of violation ticket. Schedule IV.
41. Fine to be paid.
42. Time for payment of fine.
43. Further application of certain provisions of Summary Jurisdiction (Procedure)
44. Places for payment of fine.
Fines and penalties relating to violation tickets.
of Hon. Kevin Bernard, Minister of Health and Wellness
28 February 2022